17. Overview of Order Management Process
This is a Process Management lab in which will implement an Order Management process. The process will use BPMN2 constructs like Swimlanes, User Tasks, Gateways, combined with decision-based routing based on a DMN Model (Decision Model & Notation). It also introduces more dynamic concepts of the IBM Business Automation Open Edition 8.0 process engine, like dynamic assignments of tasks based on process instance data.
- Create an Order Management project in IBM Business Automation Open Edition 8.0
- Define and create the process' domain model using the platform’s Data Modeller.
- Implement an order management process in the process designer
- Implement decision logic in a DMN model.
- Create forms with the platform’s Form Modeller.
- Deploy the project to the platform’s Execution Server.
- Execute the end-to-end process.
- Successful completion of the Environment Setup Lab or
- An existing, accessible, DM/PAM 7.3+ environment.
17.3 Problem Statement
In this lab we will create an Order Management process that manages the process of ordering a new phone or laptop.
- Start the process by providing the order information.
- The supplier sends an offer stating the expected delivery date and its best offer.
- Depending on the urgency of the urgency and the price, the order can be auto-approved by a DMN decision.
- If the order is not auto-approved, the manager needs to complete an approval step.
Last update: 2023-02-03